New Release! All You Need is Love, a Full-Length Solo Piano Tribute to The Beatles!
Available on all streaming platforms, including Apple Music, Amazon, and Spotify!
Browse this website and listen free to all content, including the following full-length albums:
• All You Need Is Love, featuring 15 classic Beatles tracks arranged for solo piano;
• Calico Cat, a dreamy collection of original piano compositions;
• A Grand Piano Tribute to the Grateful Dead, mastered by Jeffrey Norman;
• Live in the Redwoods – a vibrant concert performance of solo piano Grateful Dead;
And a singles collection of solo piano interpretations of various classics, including:
- Stolen Moments by Oliver Nelson; - The Idiot Bastard Son by Frank Zappa;
- Trenchtown Rock by Bob Marley & the Wailers; - Can't Find My Way Home, by Blind Faith;
- Michelle by The Beatles; and Dark Star (Extended Version) by the Grateful Dead.
Known for his shimmering, silvery, solo pianistic style, Rob Catterton focuses on the melodic line as the basis for his work. Using this approach to deliver both vocal lines and improvised solos, the result is a full and unique sound. Classically trained, the pianist also studied jazz for seven years at Blue Bear School of Music in San Francisco.
In 2015, Rob released "A Grand Piano Tribute to the Grateful Dead," which has received international radio airplay and met with critical acclaim. In addition, he has just released a solo album of original piano music entitled "Calico Cat." Release of a Beatles tribute album is also planned for the near future.